In today’s world, with the advent of internet and other technological superiority, ways of marketing has changed quite a lot. Inbound marketing specializes in providing information and attracting interests of potential customers by addressing their requirements. SEO, blogs, e-newsletters, info-graphics, images, slides etc.; all are the common inbound marketing methods.
On the other hand, the traditional outbound marketing is quite the opposite. Here an organization tries to reach out to their potential customers via cold-calling, advertisements in broadcasting and print media, events, e-mails. With these, they look for sales related leads and hence, pursue them.
Important reasons why inbound marketing is absolutely necessary –
- Inbound marketing projects their content to the audience who are already keen on the product or services. Thus, no need to identify the future customers separately. This permission based marketing is always preferred, as the online audience can be huge and is always expected to yield better results.
- Inbound marketing software can be paired with apt data analytics tool to measure achievements based on leads and conversion. This way marketing decisions can be taken keeping future goals in mind.
- Inbound marketing strategies are better because the leads are not cold as the customers are already in the need. With their interests in peak, the momentum works in favour. This is the polar opposite of outbound strategies.
- Inbound marketing mainly focuses on the need of their customers unlike outbound. Understanding and catering to those needs increases client satisfaction which is very important for building a good brand image.
- Another need of inbound marketing strategy is that one can detect if it is going in the wrong direction. The customers’ responsesare indications and counter measuring steps can be taken accordingly.
- Inbound doesn’t involve PR and advertisement costs, hence investment is also less. Thus, an organization can easily save money by using inbound strategies. Customers also know what specific product they are actually looking for so the leads generally convert more and better revenue is generated.
- With a creative and credible content, inbound marketing can easily acquire customer trust. That will further increase the outreach campaign of the brand towards more new customers. This is an effective way to make a business bloom.
Major marketers today are already using this strategy and yielding good results. Probably, even your competitors too are doing the same. To survive in the marketing competition, inbound strategies have thus become a must.
Justifying the need of inbound marketing further:
With inbound marketing, a business will be able to adapt to various rapidly-emerging demands of the market, including customer experience. Again, through this approach, one can establish one’s business as a thought leader in the industry through great contents (which is a major part of inbound strategy).
The inbound methodology mainly works in 4 steps: Attract – Convert – Close – Delight.
Step 1 – Attracting strangers to be visitors.
Step 2 – Converting potential visitors into leads.
Step 3 – Turning those leads into customers.
Step 4 – Converting those customers into promoters.
Therefore, considering everything above, it’s clear why inbound marketing is essential to help your business grow, generate and convert more leads and attain sustainability.